Thursday, September 25, 2008

Ramadone

So after much planning yesterday, spending basically the entire day inside packing and preparing to go to Luxor for the next three days, I go to the Cairo train station last night to find out that absolutely every train down to Luxor is sold out for the next week, basically until the end of Ramadan. In the end it's really my fault for not taking this into account, but it was definitely something that pissed me off. These bumps in the road are pretty common when traveling to another side of the world, yes. That's not to say that they can be quite frustrating- my reaction wavered between anger at the country as a whole and subsequently at my own naivety to not see that coming. My only hope now is that the bus system won't fail on me as I head north to Jordan and then Israel during the breaking of the fast (as well as Rosh Hashanah). Off now to Coptic Cairo and the oldest part of the city, because there's nothing I can do but keep on rolling down this hill, lest I start accumulating moss. And who the hell wants to do that?

No comments: